Monday

"Crossroads Youth Headed to Peru" (Peru - April 3, 2005)

Thanks for your prayers over the last 24 hours. They have been a challenging blessing. Let me explain ... first the airport shuttle service arrived late to pick us up but I just so happened to recognize that the driver was Pakistani and from Ibad where i used to live. As we talked he was open to spiritual things so I shared the gospel with him using a method i developed recently. he was extremely interested and when he dropped us off he asked me to pray for him in the name of Jesus the Healer. I got his info and will follow up when Im back.
We got inside the airport and the wait was FIVE HOURS! We were 3 hours early but a Delta agent slipped our group of 26 into the first class line and we were through in about an hour . . . blessing number 2.

We got to the gate and realized that the flight was overbooked and our travel dept had not reserved seats . . . not happy, but we trusted. We had 14 waitlisted and waited prayerfully and patiently til only 2 were left . . . my co'leader and one other. 5 minutes before scheduled departure we prayed as a group asking God for 2 more seats and immediately 2 Peruvians volunteered to give us there seats! When we got on board, 5 of us including me were seated in FIRST CLASS! Blessing number 3.

THe guy behind me is the attorney for the 49'ers and is on his way to meet the owner here in Peru. After sharing with him he told me he had no purpose or passion in life and would give anything to go back and trade his lonely high life for what I have in Christ. I shared the gospel with him and although he did not receive Christ at the time he asked me to come to SF on his dime and share with him more next time on my way to Portland for my doctoral class. Blessing number 4!

Today we met with the 7 host churches and worshipped with their leaders. The team was overwhelmed at the poverty and yet the rich faith these people have. While our service was going on 2people walked in from the street and said they needed what we have. Pastor Juvenal led them to faith in Christ right there on the spot! If thats not enough a blind brother came up and asked me to pray for him. I felt led to call the whole group around . . . 16 h.s. students and 10 adults, and we laid hands on him and prayed in tears that God would both heal and provide. At the end we sang amazing grace ... was blind but now i see took on a whole new meaning. the man was not immediately healed but i can say that many on our team were healed of spiritual blindness and there was not a dry eye in the place.

we spent this afternoon on the beach ... not what you{ve got in mind as its quite dirty, but nevertheless its been good rest and wind down time for the team before we start working tomorrow. continue to pray that God would keep making a way where we dont see it and do great and mighty things for his glory. the team is all healthy, here and in good spirits. thanks for your prayers . . . were excited to report to you the rest of the week!

No comments: